On your first visit to the clinic you will be welcomed by the smiling face of Sunday or one of our other fantastic assistants (CA’s) at the front desk. You will then need to fill out some paperwork, which the CA can assist you with if needed.
After the forms have been completed, it is time to meet with your Chiropractor and explain what has brought you to the clinic, and what you are hoping to achieve. Your chiropractor will then ask a number of other questions to gain a greater understanding of your health concerns. If yours is a chiropractic case, you will then taken through a thorough examination to identify any subluxations. The examination will include:
- Postural Evaluation
- Skin temperature Differential Instrumentation
- Static/Motion Palpation
- Orthopaedic testing
- Neurological testing
- Muscle strength/length analysis
- Specific Chiropractic tests and procedures
Following your examination, x-rays may be required. X-rays are taken for several reasons including:
- To determine if there is any degeneration
- To locate potential problem areas
- To determine the condition of the discs (cushions between each vertebrae)
- To rule out other pathologies (disease)
Digital X-rays are taken on location to ensure a high standard and the correct images being taken. Your chiropractor will view these and if deemed appropriate care may begin immediately.
You need to allow approximately 1 hour for the initial consultation.
If yours is not a chiropractic case we will refer you to the appropriate health care professional.
The report of findings is done on your second visit after your Chiropractor has reviewed and analysed all the findings from the tests carried out in the initial consultation. This includes:
- Explaining the cause of your problem
- Explaining how chiropractic can help
- Developing a management plan to correct any subluxations found
- A personalised take-home report folder
If the diagnosis is one that requires further investigation or specialist intervention, we will refer you to an appropriate practitioner.
Management of your condition may include:
- Specific & gentle Gonstead Chiropractic adjustments
- Soft-tissue muscle techniques
- Exercise prescription
- Rehabilitation advice
- Nutrition advice
- Ergonomic advice
Each visit you will be assessed for the presence of subluxations. We never assume you are exactly the same as the previous visit and as such we re-check you each and every visit.
Regular visits will include:
- Postural Evaluation
- Skin Temperature Differential
- Static Palpation
- Motion Palpation
- Any other relevant tests and procedures
If a Subluxation is found, a gentle Gonstead adjustment will be delivered to the specific segment. Each adjustment builds on the one before it creating a healing momentum. To get the best results as fast as possible, your chiropractor will personalise a management plan to suit your needs.
Please feel free to ask questions as much as you like throughout this process.
Your progress will be re-assessed on a regular basis.